Sunday, April 19, 2009

Work update

Thing are about to get pretty busy. Following discussions with Thomas (owner at the gallery) I am to take over a large part of the gallery for the next show, as a sort of Nick Hersey Room one off special. Its kind of a solo show for me, though there will of course be all the other Island6 artists exhibiting in the next room. I have a large space to fill and free licence (within reason) to adress the theme of 'synesthesia' (see press release elsewhere!). To this end Im planning on building a mini-ramp at the gallery, hiring some skaters, commissioning the punks to come and play and getting my stencils and spraycans out, as well as badges, stickers and posters. All this on top of a series of paintings (around 30 I hope) on a small scale and on a variety of media- wood, metal, perspex, childrens bedsheets etc etc.

As soon as I have any work to show, or more details, you'll be the first to know I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment