Sunday, February 3, 2008

remarkable beautiful

One thing that you do not see to any great extent (in the context of an 18 million strong metropolis) is graffiti. Sure there is some, and indeed a I suspect subculture of 'art-graffiti' which I am yet to infiltrate, however the bog standard Kilroy woz ere is somehow absent.

Imagine then, my surprise when I was confronted with this amazing montage at Peoples square station (the busiest interchange station of the metro network). There are plenty of other large format posters, and plenty of dark corners in which to etch ones mark on the world, so I am baffled as to why this very prominent, very normal inoffensive looking area should be the victim of such intense activity (there is a chance that such activity has infact been called by the text on the poster but firstly I doubt it and secondly I wouldnt know because my mandarin character recognition is not up to it...)



No comments:

Post a Comment