Saturday, February 16, 2008

artistic developments

There has been much discussion in the household recently about progress, development and achievement. Perhaps it has to do with the coming of the Lunar New Year, or perhaps as the end of the second month of the European calendar slides into view, a certain panic at the slipping of the sands of time, as weighed against creative output. Well the discussions (with others and with myself between 4am and 6am usually) have on the whole been positive. In truth the no nonsense organisational skills of my better half have indeed cleared the air of much aetherial arty debris and dust to bring a new focus to my activity in general. Precipitated mostly by the talk of whether to actually employ a cleaner/maid/carer type person, my daily routine and achievement has come under scrutiny in much the same way as a school may endure an OFSTED or a sales team come under review. It has been painful, difficult but useful, and I feel more positive at the end of it all. I still have a great deal to achieve, have lots to do to reach a suitable standard (one that I am happy with) but I have a concrete and practical plan to propogate my artwork in a physical and commercial sense.

The current plan involves the staging of an exhibition sometime in June (venue to be confirmed) to launch the Commercial Illustration aspect of my productivity. I am also developing a series of illustrations whose general appearance and underlying content I am more or less excited by- a rare position indeed.

I am also happy to present the latest image and identity that will accompany this commercial venture- this little sucker has been a painful and absorbing 3 months in development... (this is in an unofficial capacity of course... yes you lot are the lucky witnesses of a world exclusive preview of what will become one of the world's- no wait- hersey household's leading brands)-



Some of you will remember the first draft of this roundel from a post earlier in the year. I would love to hear comments on the development, or general feeling, or criticism of any kind on this one. You, my little ears, eyes and testbed of unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment