Thursday, November 22, 2007

Getting the groove back on

Just recoiling from the unusual glow of knocking out a satisfactory illustration, that on the surface of it I feel happy with. Like coming full circle, my return to acrylics for this piece is a satisfying completion of what seems like a long (12-15month) roaming experiment through other media. Though I am not rejecting the competent pulp of watercolours, this success in my traditional medium seems to somehow consolidate my skills rather than provide problems of selecting a style. My style is painting, irrespective of media- unfortunately, the industry generally recognises the medium before the man- thats chris kasch the acrylic guy, or that scandinavian watercolorist ... Not sure how I might overcome that...http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment