Wednesday, May 26, 2010

another busy day

Have been fairly busy of late. Have discovered a sense of impetus since checking the calendar and realising its 5 weeks to go. SO I have been working late, grinding through the cache of my poor old photoshop and taking advantage of spare time at my teaching desk to churn out a whole new series of artworks and developments on existing ones. The banknote series made it into school, where I spent yesterday lunchtime screenprinting over them by hand, in a couple of colours and sinking the classroom out just before my Year 7 class came in. Then I finished collage-ing the remains of my favourite old roadside purchase book, an old chinese mathematics tome complete with algorithm and log table appendices, while my Year 8's busied themselves with computer games this morning. Then I spent some time finalising what I had started in the midnight hours of mon and tues, a series based on some of my diana shots .

Thus tonight after a hard days teaching (6 lessons non stop with no free's) I packed the banknotes into a taxi truck, piled Iggy into the front and headed off to Steven's to have them framed... After both falling asleep in the cab on the way, Ig and I drearily got ourselves together and collected up the heavy aluminium mounted pieces to Steve's ever able and accomodating assistant Cecilia...

Not content with that for a days work, I humped ig into another cab and hot footed it down to Xietu Lu to sort out the printing of the new Paper Postcard series.
The service was faultless as ever, as my trustworthy printlady twiddled and squished my sizes to get the most out of my 1.1m sheet of Epson Matte Acid Free Archival Fine Art stock. Ig by this time was losing the plot, but showing him how a tape measure retracts in exactly the same way as a light sabre at the flick of a switch semed to keep him occupied and he never complained once bless him!

My day still not complete, I dropped Iggy at home, then biked it round to Ash's to show him a proof of his new commission, and try and negotiate professional mounting in Thailnad.

In fact, by the time I got home, although it wasnt late I was pretty shattered, and quite surprised I had the energy to make pack lunches for the family and then bother to write this. Its all for the sympathy vote I guess, though I must admit I bloody love it like this and wouldnt have it any other way...

No comments:

Post a Comment