Tuesday, September 9, 2008

snowball

Had the opening night of the new show at Island6 on saturday. Heavy ole night, as you might expect. Drank the place dry (that was just us artists, not the punters) and spent the latter half of the evening rocking out to dub and weirdcore. That said it did resemble a very pro affair for much of the night, with some of the shanghai art glitterati in attendance. Highlight was probably the 'music' performance that featured 6 artists and musicians dressed in boiler suits that i had decorated with 'BLASTIC' logos who performed with hose pipes, hammers, buckets of water and other strange objects I could not begin to describe. I was charged with filming the whole performance, which I duly hashed cos i was a few glasses under by then.

For what its worth my work was well received, and Thomas has been on my case for new work already this week. Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment